Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mothers Day, Senior Week, Carnival and Graduation

We have been pretty busy since my last update. Nana, Papa and Aunt Jen came in during Mother's Day Weekend.
Luke made me a picture frame for Mother's Day when Nana, Papa and Aunt Jen kept him while we were at the Acquire the Fire Youth Conference. Saturday Papa took Luke to the park and to McDonald's while Nana, Aunt Jen and I went to a Mother/Daughter tea at church.
Baccaleaureate (I know I didn't spell that right) service was Mother's Day evening. In the city that we live in the seniors have what is referred to as "Senior Week". So basically from the b-thing to graduation, which is the next Sunday, they party every evening. We had let the teens in our youth ministry know that they were welcome at our house instead of going to these parties. So they termed their week "Sober Week". I am way too old for staying up until 2:30 am and being able to function the next day. Needless to say, we have all been staying up too late and watching way too many scary movies for my taste. I can't talk our teenage boys into watching a chick flick with me! :)
This week the carnival came to our big town! We went Saturday night. We all had so much fun!!! Watching Luke's big ol' cheesy grin was so worth the outrageous amount of money that we spent.
All three of us rode the farris wheel together. As we were standing in line Daniel reminded me that he was afraid of heights. I think I would have been fine if we would have had some form of seat belt on, but we didn't. Daniel and I were so ready to get off that thing. Luke absolutely loved it! (By the way, it cost $12 for us to ride that thing.)

We have gone to two different graduations. We had a student graduating from a small town outside of where we live. We went to that graduation Friday evening. And our town's graduation was Sunday afternoon. Afterwards we went to Kori's grad party. Luke is her "other" boyfriend. Her boyfriend goes to another school and is on his senior trip - which is a cruise in the Caribbean. That would be lots of fun! So Luke is filling in for Trevor due to his absence this week.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Just wanted to say, "Hey!" We miss you guys. Come visit in Tulsa soon.

Willis said...

Summer is so fun, isn't it? The carnival looks like a blast.

Heather (Rocco's mom)