Sunday, April 29, 2007
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Here is a picture of my Pa when he and Granny got married. He is a handsome man. And Granny is a pretty lady. Then there is the picture of Luke with his new do. Just thought I would share the pictures!
Monday, April 23, 2007
Daniel had to go home on Friday and I wasn't ready to go yet. I rode to my parents yesterday with my mom and sister. Now I'm vehicleless. Don't know how and when I will be home.
I think on Saturday I was tagged again with the new game by Tricia. I am to go to www.imdb.com and choose 10 shows that I've watched, past and present. This was kind of difficult. Ya'll are supposed to guess what shows it is from the key words listed and I'll post the answers in a few days. Here goes:
1. Detective/Forensic Evidence/Police
3. Female Lead/Connecticut/Yale University
4. Crime/Dallas, TX/Justice
5. Courtroom/Atlanta, Georgia/Attorney
6. Criminal Investigation/Detective/Forensic Evidence
7. High School Sweetheart/High School Romance/High School Friends
8. Twins/Single Parent/Family
9. New York/Friendship/Roommate
10. Family/Sitcom/Chicago, Illinois
Okay, Heather, I know you just got home and have two children under two...I am very sorry to do this to you, but you're it again!
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Monday, April 9, 2007
1. I am a very picky eater. I don't like chicken, ham, turkey, seafood, Chinese, Vietnamese... You get the point. And I survived in Vietnam - so I think just about anyone can. (By the way, no one has mentioned our favorite place to eat in HCMC. It's an Italian place called Pomodoro's. There is a pic. It is across the street from Al Fresco's.)
2. I love to eat pickles, but there is a catch. I only like the pretty pickles. I don't like pickles with holes in them or the ones that are torn.
3. I hate to speak in public. My dad is a preacher and I married a preacher - I guess I didn't get the public speaking gene. (I was a cheerleader in High School - I guess there is strength in numbers because that didn't bother me.)
4. When I pass people at Wal-Mart and such and smile at them I make this chuckle sound under my breath. I'm not laughing at people. It just comes out all on its own.
5. I like to eat ketchup by itself. (Daniel thought of this one for me.)
6. I have a fear of mice/rats. I can't even watch them on TV. I have to close my eyes.
7. I hate using public restrooms. I will go way out of the way to avoid using a bathroom that doesn't meet my standards. (Your standards go WAY down for bathrooms in Vietnam. Funny that they don't stay that way after you come home.)
8. I talk in my sleep very badly. If you start a conversation with me when I'm asleep odds are that I will talk back and be VERY mean. Then I won't remember the next morning. I promise.
9. I've never committed to a favorite color. I just don't have one.
10. I LOVE to watch Matlock and Walker, Texas Ranger. I think that Ben Matlock is the smartest man!!! Drives Daniel CRAZY!
Okay, I tag Tricia (Wondering and Waiting).
Sunday, April 8, 2007
Last night some friends came over to stuff the eggs for the egg hunt at the church! That was fun. I love to stuff eggs! Well, Daniel decided that he wanted to buy a gas grill with his birthday money. So he went and bought a grill. We were up really late getting the grill put together.
The late night completely through off our morning. Luke slept until 9:00. When he woke up we had to see what the Easter Bunny had left. Then he found a few of the eggs that were hidden. The eggs that survived the tumble off the table didn't make it through the egg hunt this morning. He's so cute. He thinks that the eggs are balls to throw. When he finally got in the bathtub we had some floaters! Or "mud in the tub" as I liked to call it as a kid. I love you Jen!!! Then pee in the floor after the bath. You get the picture how our morning was. We finally made it to church (late). We had a great service today. Luke had lots of fun during the egg hunt. We had to have the egg hunt in the church since it was so cold outside. It is snowing here. We've had sleet on Thursday and snow on Friday also.
During bath time today I was talking to Luke about the meaning of Easter. I pray that he will grow up totally in love with our Savior!
Tuesday, April 3, 2007
This is somewhat how our conversation went:
PRAISE ITEM - WE HAVE A CONTRACT ON OUR HOUSE IN *****!!! WE SHOULD CLOSE BY THE LAST WEEK OF APRIL. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR PRAYERS!