Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Pa...



My Pa went to be with Jesus yesterday. I am 26 years old and this is the first person that is close to me that has died. We were all as prepared as you can get. He has had cancer for several years and had been in the hospital for about the last ten days.
I am so relieved that he is no longer in pain and his body is whole again. I am so thankful that Pa got to meet Luke. When his cancer came back a couple of years ago I was so hoping that he would get to meet his first great-grandchild. He supported our adoption so much.
As Pa was getting worse the verse that Paul wrote that said to live is Christ and to die is gain. It is amazing the peace that I feel right now. Of course I am said but you realize that he is in such a better place - in the very prescence of God.
Please pray for our family. The funeral will be Friday morning.

6 comments:

Leigh said...

I'm sorry for your loss. You were blessed to have such a special grandpa.

Peace be with you...

Nadra said...

Jamie,

So sorry for your loss. Grandpa are so special.

My heart goes out to you and your family.

Nadra

Tricia and Kirk said...

I'm sorry for your loss and you are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, Jamie. But so very glad for the reassurance and peace that we have in Christ and His gift of eternal life. Praying for you all as you grieve.

Joan

rebecca said...

It's so sad, but the service was absolutly beautiful! I'm praying for comfort for your family...

Heather said...

Jamie,

I'm so sorry about your grandpa. I know Luke will cherish the pictures with his great-grandpa. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to email or call. Hope you see this comment soon. I'll see you in May.