Monday, May 7, 2007

Our Week

I had a long post written last night, but our power went off...Pretty interesting. Since we just moved a couple of months ago and are moving again I hadn't unpacked things like flashlights and the such. The power was only off for 10-15 minutes though so that was good. I'll try to remember all that I said.
Luke had his "man" surgery on Tuesday so we pretty much stayed in for the rest of the week. There are some funny stories that go along with this that may be too much for blogland, but if you are interested ask me the next time you see me! He is doing better now.
Nana and Papa came in for a visit on Friday - along with their visit came severe weather (rain and tornadoes-more on this later in the post).It was great having mom & dad stay for a night. We live so far apart now. Luke LOVES his Nana and Papa. When they pulled into the driveway Luke ran out the door to his Papa yelling "Papa, Papa, Papa" all the way til he got to him. It was precious. They spoil him like crazy. Luke's cousin Ryan had brought him a pop up tent and a car when we were all gathered for Pa's funeral. He has enjoyed the pop up tent and Nana and Papa brought the car this weekend. They would push him all over the driveway. Luke loves it! They had to leave Saturday afternoon and Luke was NOT ready for his Nana and Papa to leave. It was so sad. He cried when they left which made me sad.
Now on to the severe weather...We have had tornado warnings EVERY DAY since Friday. You know one every once in a while is doable but come on this multiple times a day for days in a row is getting old. Friday the sirens didn't go off. Saturday Daniel and I were at the church working. We knew that it was rainy and stormy but didn't know that we were in a tornado warning when the tornado sirens went off. We went to the pastors house (it isn't very far and they have a cellar). We spent a couple hours there waiting for all the storms to pass.
Then yesterday Daniel was off with our seniors shooting the senior video and I had brought Luke home for a nap. I knew that the weather was going to be bad so I kept flipping to the news station. The weather people said something about our area so I called the pastor and asked him if he thought that I was okay here or if I need to go somewhere. He told me that he thought this storm was going to miss us but that there was another one 45 minutes later and I probably should come on over. I was getting the dogs out and all packed up when his wife called less than five minutes later. She told me to come now. I jumped in the car and was driving like a mad woman to get over there. The tornado sirens started going off when I was like 9 minutes away from there house. I wanted to freak out so bad but couldn't. Thankfully we got to where we were going and Daniel had made it there with the seniors. Other than getting drenched trying to get in we were fine. We are supposed to have bad weather through Wednesday - hopefully it will just be thunderstorms with no tornadoes. Well that is about it for now. Please keep us in your prayers that we will find a house to buy. I am really ready to get settled!

3 comments:

Tricia and Kirk said...

Western Oklahoma can be pretty scary during Spring. I'll keep you in my prayers this week.

rebecca said...

I thought about you all on Friday night and Saturday. I'm glad that everything is ok there. We'll be praying :)

Heather said...

Glad you all weathered the storms! The "man surgery" is a very interesting thing, huh? Can't wait to hear all about it. Well, our Zoo trip will be here soon and I'll talk to you then.