Monday, May 14, 2007

Pretty Uneventful Week

Hey! I guess we'll call last week uneventful - it sounds better than boring. We didn't really do anything until Friday night. We had a camp fundraiser dinner catered at a business in town. I helped keep the kids while their parents ate. One of the teenage boys had a great time giving sled rides in the church gym. (See pics below!) Sunday was Mother's Day. I think the Mother's Day Fairy dropped my gift off at my mom and dad's. My little sister is so good. She is always buying me presents from Luke.
Mother's Day brought lots of emotions this year. I am so thankful for Luke, but I'm sure like all adoptive moms it brought lots of thoughts of our childrens birth mom. Sometimes when we are sitting and rocking I think of her and wonder if she is at peace with her decision. I pray that she knows that he is loved and well cared for. My goodness, the woman is a hero to me. Some people have a hard time understanding the love that a birth mom has for her child. It is such a selfless love.
Luke said a couple of new words today. He said "Pizza! Pizza!" and "Elmo". He has started saying lots of new words lately.
Also the mistress aka PS2 is back at our house. It had been broken but a guy from our church fixed it. Daddy is corrupting Lukas.(See picture below).
That's about all for now.

No comments: