Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Been stuck at Nana, Papa, and Aunt Jen's...

...and it's not a bad place to be stuck. I think Luke and I both agree on that, but we are both very glad to be home now with Daddy.
Our adventure began on Thursday when Luke and I headed to Nana and Papa's house to celebrate Nana's birthday. Daniel couldn't go with us since he had homework - he is working on his master's degree. Our trip really became an adventure. Luke had started running a fever on Wed. night. He was still running a fever on Thursday so we gave him more medicine and I took him into the chiropractor to get adjusted before we left. About half way the poor little guy started throwing up. I didn't know if I should turn around and go home or just keep going. He ended up throwing up three separate times and by the third time I was closer to Nana and Papa's than home so I kept going. I cleaned Luke up as best as I could. It was so sad and sweet. Everytime I cleaned him up I would ask him if he wanted to go home to Daddy or go to Nana and Papa's house. He would tell me Papa's house. So I would put him back in his seat and head out. He would tell me, "Mommy, I happy". Just about break my heart. Anyways, we made it on Thursday.
On Friday, we went to eat for Nana's birthday. We were going to go look at the lights at Rhema, but that is going to have to wait until little man is not under the weather.

On Saturday we had Luke's Christmas pictures taken and saw Santa Claus. Luke asked Santa for a McQueen shake beep beep because his is broke down. (Yes, we had coached him.) Santa told him that he would see what he could do. We were supposed to head home then. It was already freezing at home so I was afraid to head out just the two of us, especially after our trip going there. Hence the part about being stuck at Nana, Papa and Aunt Jen's.

Nana's birthday wish was that we would be able to go to church with her on Sunday. It came true. On Monday Nana and Aunt Jen didn't have to go to school because the school didn't have any electricity. We went to the grocery store (which was running on generators) and bought stuff to bake. We made Peanut Butter Smore Bars, Reindeer Cookies, Sausage Balls and fudge -that never got hard, but is still really good). Mom and Jen are still out of school due to power outages.


Can you tell that Luke really likes the icing? He was eating it off of Nana's cake and licking it off of his cookie!

We headed home yesterday and made it without any problems. The falling trees in Tulsa are so sad. There are a lot of trees throughout mom and dad's neighborhood and lots of them have broken. It is going to be a mess to clean up.

The highlight of Luke's trip...He loves the movie Cars - Well, he's been coughing through the night and would cough so hard he would throw up. The first night we were there we were sleeping on the couch sitting up to help the drainage. He was coughing and Nana was trying to take him from me so I could get up for a minute. He wouldn't go so she asked him if he wanted to watch the beep beep movie. He immediately said yes and went to Nana. Every night after that Nana and Lukas watched the beep beep movie around 2 a.m. Luke slept through the night without coughing on Monday night, but he still woke up and asked Mommy if he could watch the beep beep movie. Mommy said no. But it was absolutely amazing how the movie would take his mind off of the drainage and he wouldn't cough as much!

4 comments:

Leigh said...

Poor guy! I've done the driving with a throwing-up little boy...WB had just loaded up on grape juice and we had a lovely new car with gray interior. (HAD...how "new can a car be after throw up???) The joys of parenting!

Let your sweet mother know that it is finally my turn. I'm off to get my baby girl next week!

Hope Luke starts feeling better!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ly said...

The food looks amazing! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and we are wishing you many blessings for the New Year.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.