Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Church Together and Stuck in Tulsa

Here's what we've been up to!
We went to a church conference at Hillsdale at couple of weeks ago. Nana and Papa met us there. Nana was a lifesaver watching Luke while I went to classes. She brought him a bug catcher. Luke is still playing with it. The bug catcher had big tweezers that Luke calls "squeezers", so he doesn't have to touch the bugs...Yeah right! :)This was just a cute picture. Luke made a bed out of my laundry basket. I can not begin to tell you how much this little guy is growing up. His language sounds so big now. He still has a few words that have a little bit of baby in them. Instead of saying another he says "anuhwe". It's so cute. His imaginative play has developed tremendously. It is so funny listening to him having a conversation between two toys.
We went to Tulsa last Thursday. The purpose of the trip was to get our hair cut on Friday and his 3 year old pictures taken on Saturday. I had over booked us so Daniel stayed home to take care of the concession stands that our youth ministry is doing for a fundraiser. We got in Thursday evening and Luke got to open a few early birthday presents. Aunt Jen got a big kiss from Luke because she bought him tickets to A Day Out With Thomas for his birthday. He is so excited! We are going this Friday. Stay tuned for lots of pictures!
Our story doesn't end there. Oh no... I unknowingly came to Tulsa with the stomach flu. My dear mother spent the whole night taking care of me. She is wonderful. My dad also went to the store at 4:00 a.m. to buy 7up. I slept all day Friday and mom called in sick. Mom and Dad took care of Luke. And my poor father - I shared the germ and he got sick Sunday night.
So to the stuck in Tulsa part - We had to stay until Tuesday so that I could get my hair cut. We had a great visit though.
Well, that's what we've been up to. I'll post again Friday night with our pictures from A Day Out With Thomas.

No comments: