Friday, October 10, 2008

Happy 3rd Birthday, Sweet Boy!!!

My baby turned 3 yesterday. I was going to write this blog yesterday, but my wonderful husband had the computer tied up all day finishing up his paper for his class. (Side note - Thank goodness that class is over. I don't think I could have taken much more! :) )

I don't know if I just don't remember my emotions concerning Luke's 1st and 2nd birthdays, but this one was tough. I've had a difficult time lately - it may just be because Luke is growing and changing so much right now - but I've been thinking about his birth mom a lot. You know I think that Luke is the most handsome, smart boy on the face of the earth. It's really been making me wonder about his birth family. At times when he looks especially sweet I wish that his birth mom could see this particular "face". I think that this is just an adoptive mom thing - basically, you have to experience it to know what I'm talking about. I think I'm pretty normal in this area.

We talk about Vietnam a lot. On the night before his birthday, I was in the laundry room folding clothes. When I came out Luke had gotten our pictures out and was looking at them. He told me all about them. It was pretty cute.We let Luke open his presents from us yesterday morning. He has been looking forward to this birthday since this summer so I felt bad to make him wait until next weekend to open his presents. This was his favorite gift. A Mack truck with a Lightning McQueen Shake-N-Go car. He played with it all day yesterday and even got in trouble last night playing with it when he was supposed to be going to sleep. Luke picked McDonald's for his b-day dinner last night. Who would have ever guessed that?!?!
Stay tuned for the birthday party post!

7 comments:

Heather said...

Happy birthday, sweet Luke!

Nadra said...

Happy birthday Luke!

Leigh said...

You know, I am different than most. I don't spend a lot of time thinking about my daughter's birth parents. I just marvel at her".

Blessings to you for a happy 3rd birthday. I pray for cintinued blessings upon your SWEET family!

(Is he really 3?????? That doesn't seem possible!!!)

erinlo said...

I can hardly believe our babies are 3!!! Doesn't the time fly by?? Happy birthday to Luke- sweet boy. Selah loves to look at her Vietnam pics also and ALWAYS points out her buddy, Luke.

NHP said...

Hi,
I think about Avi Joy's birthmother weekly and pray for her often. I think its healthy and normal... she is a part of our kids lives and that makes a birthparent special to us.
Her first birthday I cried all day!

Happy birthday Luke.
Talk soon,
Natasha
did we ever plan our outing? I cannot make it, sorry girls

Anonymous said...

Jamie quit being lame! I'm working on my masters degree deal with it! Someone in this family needs to be educated and bring home the bacon.

Kim said...

My how time flies, I still remember watching you pick up Luke. Happy Birthday, Big Boy.