Saturday, November 17, 2007

Misc. Happenings

Things have been pretty calm here lately. We've made a trip to Nana and Papa's house for Aunt Jen's birthday. Other than that nothing has really been going on.
Here is a picture of Luke with his friends Kori and Trevor. I got in trouble for not including this picture with the Halloween post - so Kori here it is!!! :)
Luke and Papa hanging out and watching cartoons while we were in Tulsa. (Luke had just woke up.)
Happy Birthday, Aunt Jen!!!
Daddy and Lukas tonight as the OU game was starting. Daniel doesn't look quite as pepped up now. The game isn't over, but.... Last but not least, here is a picture of some cute cookies that I made tonight. Our women's group at church is making baskets to take to emergency personnel of the area to thank them for serving us. I had thought that these cookies were really cute. Well, I still think that they are cute, but I have a serious pain in the neck from decorating them. And, I'm not so good decorating with icing.
I'm really excited about Thanksgiving next week. We have so much to be thankful for. I'm ready to see my aunts, uncles and cousins. I don't think that I've seen them since Memorial Day Weekend, so it is definitely time.
On a different note, please be in prayer for the Vietnam Adoption Program. Goodness, I don't really know how to explain what's going on. Here are a couple of links:
In short, there has been unethical behavior proven in two provinces in Vietnam. Our agency doesn't work in either province. Just please pray that the U.S. and Vietnam will agree on a measure to help make adoptions ethical and not close the program altogether. It breaks my heart for the children and the birthparents. I am so thankful for our agency and their work in Vietnam.
Now I must go make my dish for the potluck lunch tomorrow. Cooking on Sunday mornings before church makes me even later to church...

1 comment:

Ly said...

Luke looks wonderful. I love the cookies :-)