Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A Visit from Granny

On a more positive note - Granny came to spend the weekend with us. This was the first time that it was just Luke and Granny around. Normally there is Aunt Jen or Nana also so Granny doesn't get as much one on one time. Luke loved her being here. They played and cuddled. It was pretty sweet.

I may get in trouble with Granny for posting a picture of her eating, but here is Luke and Granny eating at Pizza Hut. Luke learned that if he would sit with Granny he would get away with more than if he sat with mom and dad. We were going to go to the County Fair after we ate but couldn't find anything at the Fair Grounds. That was pretty weird. We'll have to see about taking Luke to the State Fair.In other news - I started back to school last week. You know I would really like to have a degree without working for it. That sounds pretty lazy, doesn't it. I'm only taking one class on Tuesday and Thursday mornings so it's not too bad. Luke goes to work with his Daddy. I'm really not worried about finishing until we are finished having kids. We don't want me to go back to work full time until all our kids are in school. My major is Early Childhood Education. I'd really like to teach K-4. Then I will have my summers off too!

We also have more exciting news...Lukas is learning to potty in the potty!!! He thinks it's great fun. He has an Elmo potty seat that he enjoys sitting on. When we flush he says, "Bye! Bye! See ya!"
Luke has also decided he doesn't need to be rocked to sleep anymore. Last week he was squirming when I was rocking him to sleep and I asked him if he wanted to lay down in his bed. He said yes. He has gone to bed on his own ever since then. I think he is pretty amazing!

I'll end with a slide show of us celebrating Luke's Forever Family Day. Keep in mind we had closed on our house the week before and were in the midst of major renovations. We didn't get to go to dinner as we had previously planned but we did have cookie cake and ice cream.


2 comments:

Heather said...

Lukas is getting to be such a big boy now! He can teach Sarah a few things... I'm so excited for you that Lukas wants to go to bed on his own. That's huge! If you go to the fair, I'm sure the Perryman's and we will want to come, too.

Julie said...

Congratulations on going back to school. I think that is fantastic. Something I've been wanting to do for a long time. Let know how you juggle classes and a little one. Would like the secret to that one!